With the recent explosion of the digital camera market, and even smart phones that take amazing photos, why should you go with a pro?
1. A smart camera does not make a smart photographer. Just because your friend, co-worker, or relative may have a high-speed, high-quality digital camera, does not mean he/she is an amazing photographer. While good “over-the-counter” equipment does help the average consumer up their photography game, a professional photographer brings an artistic vision, approach and creative eye that can’t be bought at the electronics store!
2. Professional equipment perks: Shooting with Canon, full frame cameras and professional lighting equipment helps us take the best shots, even in less-than-optimal circumstances. Low light, nighttime and even high speed action shots can be tricky for the amateur shutterbug, but pros know all the tricks to capture every moment.
3. Photography smarts: Professional photographers are educated about their craft. They know what every button and camera setting does to your image. They read books, subscribe to magazines and professional photography associations and take photos every day. A Thomas Studio Photography, we have taken courses from the Denver School of Photography, interned, apprenticed and partnered with some of the best photographers in Denver (and the United States) and graduated with a Certification of Professional Photography from the Photography Institute.
4. Posers: Ever tried to corral 50 friends and relatives—including a few wild kids—for a big group shot? Or need a little inspiration for your own special portraits? Professional photographers can help—and will know hot to get guests together quickly and easily while making everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera.
5. They’re hired guns, not guests: Just like you’ve missed something at a wedding, party or other event because you’re chit-chatting, dancing, grabbing a drink at the bar or maybe even a few minutes late, a professional photographer is there exclusively to capture your moments. By hiring a pro you’ll guarantee he won’t miss the perfect shot because he’s tearing it up on the dance floor—your friend, co-worker, relative or even your Uncle Bob just might be dancing instead of shooting.
6. The end result: Pro photographers can also edit and retouch images and design beautiful finished products like albums, custom prints, canvases and more. Your best moments deserve just that—the best. Go with a professional photographer!